Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ready for Russia!!!!

My team and I leave for St. Petersburg, Russia tomorrow!!! Ahhh! I can't believe it's already here! It seems like such a long time coming.

On Monday we had a "Packing Party" to pack all of the supplies/clothes we are bringing to the orphanages. There was so much stuff some of us had doubts of whether or not we'd be able to fit it all in our suitcases! But God did His work and we managed to get it all in. Here are a few pics that one of the girls, Lindsey, took!


The couch has boys clothes, in the corner are socks and in front is underwear... this was only a portion of what we are bringing!


Lori, Autumn and Chelsea L prepare the school supplies for packing.


My team, minus Paula from Orphan Outreach- she lives in TX. Back Row (L-R): Paul, Me, Allison H, Jen, Em, Chad, Bekka, Jess, Allison S, Greg, John, Chelsea B. Front Row (L-R): Jill, Chelsea L, Lindsey, Autumn, Katie, Nicole, Kristen, Lori.

We leave from Grand Rapids at roughly 1:45 PM tomorrow. We'll have a layover in Chicago and one in Dusseldorf, Germany. We will reach St. Petersburg at roughly 3:45PM on Saturday (they are 8 hours ahead of EST).

I am not sure if I will be able to update my blog or facebook while I am there. If I can, I will! But otherwise you can visit the Orphan Outreach blog here or visit www.way.fm and find a blog that we'll be updating. Also, if you are in the West Michigan area and listen to Way FM (89.9 in GR), we'll have broadcasts from Russia, so you may even hear me on the radio! :)

Thank you again to everyone who helped me go on this trip. I couldn't have done it without such amazing people in my life! God bless to you all! I return on Sunday, August 22, 2010. I will try to get updated blogs and pictures up as soon as possible!

Grace & Peace

♥♥ Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment