Saturday, August 7, 2010

Getting Ready for Russia!

It is hard to believe, but this time next week I will be in St. Petersburg, Russia! Crazy. It doesn't feel real yet!

I once again want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me and my team in getting ready for our mission trip to Russia. From monetary donations, to supply donations and most importantly prayers, everyone has been great! We are in the final stretch now!

On Monday we have a "Packing Party" as we are each taking 2 suitcases- one for our stuff and one for supplies. Each suitcase will be 50lbs (the limit) and we have a lot to bring! This is also be the last time we see each other before leaving on Friday!!

I have had some medical issues for the last week and unfortunately had to stay home, unpaid, for 4 days this week. The two weeks I'm gone in Russia will be unpaid as well. In addition, co-pays and prescriptions were pretty expensive, so I am working to trust that God has a plan for me financially in this time. Prayers for that, as well as healing, would be great. I will still be on medication the day we leave, but after that I am hoping to be OK.

Here's some general flight information:

We leave Friday, August 13 from Grand Rapids at 1:40 PM EST, our layover is in Chicago, where we will switch airlines and fly out of Chicago at 4:15 PM CST. We will then have another layover in Dusseldorf before departing to fly to St. Petersburg at 11:05 AM and arrive in St. Petersburg at 3:45 PM (St. Petersburg is 8 hours ahead of EST).

On the way home we are split up into 2 groups. My group leaves St. Petersburg at 5:50 AM on Sunday August 22 and we have a layover in Munich. We leave Munich at 12:35 PM for Chicago. We will meet up with the other group in Chicago and we will return to Grand Rapids at 6:40PM.

This of course is all ideally. As anyone who has ever traveled knows, there can be delays and complications to get you off course. Please pray for safe, on time flights. Also please pray for the health and well being of everyone while we are there as well as spiritual well being as we work with the Orphans.

We are so looking forward to spreading God's Love and spending time with this kids.

I am not sure if I will be able to blog while I am there. I will be updating when I get home.

Thanks again!

Grace & Peace

♥♥♥ Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment