Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Again

Well, friends, I am back home from Russia and it is very bitter-sweet. Though I love seeing my family, drinking water from tap and knowing I get to go to my church this Sunday, I am really missing Russia. The orphans were amazing and adorable. My team is awesome and I have made some great friends. Russia, as you probably guessed, is very, very different from the USA, but in it's own way, it was a piece of heaven. The accommodations were better than expected, though in US standards, not super fantastic- of course, we didn't expect super fantastic as this was a mission trip after all, not a spa vacation! :). However, material amenities were not important as the greatest thing we could do is spend time with kids and with each other.

I am exhausted, haven't eaten in 24 hours and a little overwhelmed with all that needs to be done as well as the idea of going back to work this week. But I am trying to focus on all the good that came out of our trip. Praise God for all he as done in us and through us.

I will be providing a much more detailed account of the trip soon. I will also have photos here and on my facebook page. In the meantime, you can check out the following pages for photos and videos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbproductions/

http://www.YouTube.com/MissionNetworkNews

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Grace & Peace,

♥♥ Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment