Thursday, July 8, 2010

Latest Update

Yeah, my title is pretty lame. I want to give a quick update before I leave for the weekend and since I haven't updated in a while.

On June 21st we had another official team meeting where we got to meet Paula from Orphan Outreach. Paula lives in TX so she is not able to make it to all of our meetings, but she is coming on the trip and has traveled with Orphan Outreach multiple times to Russia. It was nice to put a name to a face.

We also got broken up into teams- Younger Kids and Teenagers. We'll all be working with all of the kids, but we are leading VBS in different groups. The tentative plan is to spend the first 2 mornings with one "younger kid" orphanage and the first 2 afternoons with one "teenager" orphanage. Then the next 2 days we'll spend the morning with a different younger kid orphanage and afternoon with a different teenage orphanage. The respective groups will lead the VBS- Bible story, memory verse, craft, games- and the alternate group will lead groups of kids to the different stations. I am working on crafts with the younger kids, so it's time to put on my creativity hat! On the Friday we'll just be hanging out with a couple of orphanages and loving on kids. It should be a good time!

We got our Orphan Outreach T-shirts and luggage tags as well as a list of supplies we'll need to gather to bring to the Orphanages. Things are really coming together!

On Tuesday, June 29, we had another "informal" meeting with about 10 of us in Plainwell to just chat, continue to get to know each other and see where we were with planning/fund-raising. Some of the same people from last time came, and some "new" people, so it was nice getting to see all of them.

The final deadline was July 1 and I didn't have all the money I needed, but they are being extremely flexible with this deadline since it's just land costs (we don't need to pay for food, etc, upfront so they can relax on deadlines!). I am hoping to have the remaining donations in by next week, then I will see what I still need. I trust that it will all come through and I have been so blessed with the donations that came- THANK YOU to EVERYONE who donated!! ♥♥♥

The photo shoots that Evergreen Photography Studios did for me provided more than expected- $430!! This was in part due to kind customers who paid extra so that it would go towards my trip but mostly due to the wonderful work by my sister-in-law, Michelle- Thanks Michelle!! :)

I'm going camping for the weekend (shock and awe I'm sure for those of you know know me well, haha!) for our annual family vacation . It will be nice to get away and spend time with family up in Petosky.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted on things.

Grace & Peace

♥Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment